KWK Architects Designs Mizzou’s Newest Student Dining Experience – The Restaurants at Southwest
SAINT LOUIS – Feb. 8, 2018 – When it comes to food choices, students at the University of Missouri have a variety of options to suit every taste, with a visit to The Restaurants at Southwest designed by St. Louis, MO-based KWK Architects.
Opened for the 2017-2018 school year at a cost of $15 million, The Restaurants at Southwest dining facility features something for everyone. Unlike the traditional, buffet-style, all-you-can eat service of most student dining halls, The Restaurants at Southwest offers a la carte service, which lessens food waste and inventory.
The Restaurants at Southwest features six restaurant-style dining options, which include:
- Legacy Grill – Classic burgers, hand-cut fries, quesadillas, nachos and chicken sandwiches.
- Tiger Avenue Deli – Philly-style sandwiches prepared and served hot off the grill.
- Olive & Oil – Mediterranean-influenced pasta with house made pasta sauces.
- 1+5+3 Soups & Salads – Made-from-scratch, healthy soups and salads that offer students vegetarian, vegan and allergy-friendly options.
- 1839 Kitchen – Tasty comfort foods such as rotisserie chicken and other protein choices.
- Truffles – Desserts, smoothies, yogurt parfaits, bagels and other healthy snacks.
- The project also includes a separate Starbucks facility.
KWK Architects, along with associate architect Lawrence Group, was contracted in 2013 to design a 30,000-square-foot, 600-seat dining facility and adjoining residence hall to replace the Pavilion at Dobbs, which was demolished in September 2017 upon completion of The Restaurants at Southwest.
Located on the Southwest campus near athletic facilities and the university’s Greek Town of fraternities and sororities, The Restaurants at Southwest was designed to be a social hub for the Dobbs residential neighborhood.
About KWK Architects
Founded in 2013 by five architects with a combined 150 years of higher education knowledge and experience, KWK Architects partners with colleges and universities across the United States to create innovative and inspiring places that enhance campus life. Areas of expertise include student housing and dining, and academic and science/technology spaces. KWK Architects has completed more than $1 billion in construction-valued projects since its founding and currently employs a growing staff of 15 at its headquarters in St. Louis, MO. For more information about KWK Architects, visit www.kwkarchitects.com.
SOURCE: KWK Architects