Kellogg Debuts New HI! Happy Inside™ Cereal That Contains the Power of 3-in-1
Innovative Cereal Supports Digestive Wellness with Prebiotics, Probiotics, and Fiber
BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Nov. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — At a time when 92% of adult Americans rate maintaining digestive health as important to their overall health, new wellness brand HI! Happy Inside™ answers their need by delivering prebiotics, probiotics, and fiber1 in an all-in-one cereal. This 3-in-1 cereal makes digestive wellness support easily accessible in food that enriches people’s daily lives and provides a choice that people will feel happy inside about.
According to a recent survey commissioned by Kellogg and conducted online by The Harris Poll among over 2,000 U.S. adults, while 29% of Americans say they know about probiotics, prebiotics are a mystery for the average American. Only 15% of respondents shared that they know about prebiotics. When prebiotics are paired with probiotics and fiber, a real food like HI! Happy Inside provides ingredients to support digestive wellness.
“HI! Happy Inside is a delicious cereal with three powerful ingredients to support digestive wellness.” said Aleta Chase, Marketing Director for HI! Happy Inside. “This new cereal provides a proactive real food solution to people who want to incorporate more prebiotics and probiotics into their diet.”
The powerful 3-in-1 combination of prebiotics, probiotics and fiber support digestive wellness in the following ways:
- Probiotics are complimentary, live bacteria. HI! Happy Inside delivers 1 billion CFU live probiotics from active strains.
- Prebiotics help feed probiotics which are “good bacteria” for the gut. Specifically, prebiotics are soluble, fermented fiber. HI! Happy Inside has 2.5 grams of prebiotics.
- Fiber is an essential nutrient that our bodies need to help function. Unlike others, it’s not digested, but acts as an agent to help contribute to digestive wellness and overall health. HI! Happy Inside contains 8-9g of fiber pending variety1.
“Maintaining a healthy digestive system is essential to overall wellbeing and everyday life,” said Regan Jones, RD. “Many registered dietitians know that probiotics alone aren’t enough and the 3-in-1 combination of prebiotic, probiotics and fiber1 through real foods such as HI! Happy Inside is one thing you can do daily to help support your overall health.”
About HI! Happy Inside
HI! Happy Inside was developed at WK Kellogg Institute for Food & Nutrition Research, a global community of food researchers, designers, and makers at Kellogg Company. Inspired by the legacy and values of its founder, WK Kellogg, the Kellogg Company has pioneered products that help support digestive wellness. Today more science exists to show that a healthy microbiome is an essential element for overall wellness.
New HI! Happy Inside is a tasty way to help support gut health through real foods and is easily accessible through:
- Premium, Real Ingredients: Features a delicious blend of wholesome fruit, yogurty pieces, and is made with 100% whole grains that stay crunchy in milk.
- Three Delicious Flavors: Available in three flavors, Simply Strawberry, Bold Blueberry, and Coconut Crunch, supporting digestive wellness has never tasted so great.
- Where You Can Get It: Currently sold in 34.5 oz resealable bags at Costco and Boxed for the suggested retail price (SRP) of $12.99 and 6 count cups sold are a pack on Amazon with SRP $13.99. Individual cups for the SRP of $1.99 will be available nationwide in food, drug, mass and ecommerce in early 2019.
Visit www.gethappyinside.com for more information and join the conversation on social media by tagging or engaging with @gethappyinside on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
About the Survey:
This survey was conducted online within the United States by The Harris Poll on behalf of Kellogg from November 8-12, 2018 among 2,020 U.S. adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables and subgroup sample sizes, please contact Kathy Steinberg at [email protected].
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we strive to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter. Our beloved brands include Pringles®, Cheez-It®, Keebler®, Special K®, Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg’s Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats®, Kashi®, RXBAR® and more. Net sales in 2017 were approximately $13 billion, comprised principally of snacks and convenience foods like cereal and frozen foods. Kellogg brands are beloved in markets around the world. We are also a company with Heart & Soul, committed to creating three billion Better Days by 2025 through our Breakfasts for Better Days global purpose platform. To learn more, visit www.KelloggCompany.com or www.OpenforBreakfast.com and follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany, YouTube and on our Social K corporate blog.
1HI! Happy Inside contains 4-8 g total fat per serving. See nutrition information for saturated fat content.
SOURCE Kellogg Company